Friday, February 22, 2013

Mama - Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday. Write for a timed 5 minutes, no editing or planning, just writing for 5 minutes. Then link up: http://lisajobaker.com/category/five-minute-friday/

Today's Word: Mama

GO

In a word she is, strength. Always a fighter regardless of the fight. She spoke strong words, undergirded in love. She wore strong perfume by the name of Oscar De La Renta. And she rarely took no for an answer. If there was an injustice about, she was on the path to bleat it out and save the day. That's just how my Mama was. She used strong words to show my sister and I how serious she was about her love for us. I remember her saying, "You could get pregnant, rob a bank or kill someone and I'd still love you." We knew better than to do any of the above at the ripe old age of adolescence, but more than that we understood that come hell or high waters she was in it with us for the long haul. Unending, unshakable love. She let us be ourselves and never let anyone put us down. She had a strong inner Mama bear and everyone knew it. She also gives strong. Gives outrageously and generously and selflessly. She sings strong and loud, and dances strong - never one to sit out a dance when there was a dance to be had. She's the tiniest little lady I know, but she is so strong.  She loves me so strong, and I love her just the same!

STOP

Five minutes isn't fair with a writing prompt like, "Mama." 

Take 5 minutes to write about your Mom, and then link up here: http://lisajobaker.com/category/five-minute-friday/

3 comments:

  1. There is something so beautiful about how Moms love their kids. Maybe it's that "mama bear" thing. But with that strength comes loyal protection — that you're worth fighting for. What a lovely example she is.

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tribute, Jenny! I have to say that (not in a boatful way), it's all true. Always and forever, no matter how old you are, that momma bear in me will alwasy exist. My love for you is eternal.

    ReplyDelete